Glen Schofield, the man behind the classic 2008 horror sci-fi game “Dead Space”, brings us a brand new horror game titled The Callisto Protocol. The Callisto Protocol is a horror action/adventure game that traps players in Black Iron prison, forced to face off against a new threat in the Biophage, an infectious parasite. To do this, the player will need upgrades to their inventory and health before journeying too far into the prison. This is the ultimate guide players will need to know everything about healing, inventory, and how to upgrade both health and inventory.
- Surviving the brutal biophage while managing your inventory space is an essential mechanic of The Callisto Protocol.
- Players will have to manage their health as they fight the increasingly difficult enemies, heal and do it all over again as they progress through the game.
- Healing will be crucial to surviving the consistent onslaught of enemies.
- Both health and inventory space will be small at the start of the game in comparison to what it will be after a few chapters.
- Players can get the suit to upgrade both health and inventory space.
Let’s start off by explaining how to heal and where to get healing items in The Callisto Protocol
How to Heal and Get Healing Items in The Callisto Protocol
One of the survival horror genre’s key gameplay concepts is healing your character and using everything at your disposal to stay alive, and The Callisto Protocol is no exception. Enemies in The Callisto Protocol will not hesitate to pound you into a bloody mess. Even early on, you’ll meet foes that may swiftly deplete your health, forcing you into a continual fight to keep even a semblance of health so that you don’t die instantaneously. So naturally, you’d like to know how to heal your character.
There Are Two Ways of Healing Jacob in The Callisto Protocol
- Find stray bags of Health Gel spread across the environment or as drops after stomping killed enemies. These repair a tiny amount of health (35x to be exact) and are utilized immediately after being picked up by pressing the X Button on PlayStation consoles, the A Button on Xbox platforms or E on PC (or whatever you bind the interact button to).
- They won’t be picked up if you’re already at full health, so if an area hasn’t been sealed off, you may always go back and collect a bag you didn’t use.
- The other option is to locate and use Gel Injectors. These may be discovered in the game’s surroundings in first aid boxes on the walls or as drops found randomly in the game world and can be stored in your inventory indefinitely as long as you have enough vacant space.
- By pushing and holding down on the D-Pad or by holding down the 3 button on PC, they may then be utilized to heal a great quantity of health.
NOTE: Using an Injector will start a long animation. If you get hit by an enemy, the animation will get interrupted and you will not be healed and must restart the animation. This implies you should avoid using a Gel Injector until you’re in a safe area of the environment or have eliminated all enemies in a specific room.
That’s all you need to know about the healing aspect of the game. Simple enough.
Let’s move on to how to upgrade overall health and inventory space in The Callisto Protocol.
How To Upgrade Health And Inventory Space
There is undoubtedly one thing you will be begging for while you play through the early hours of The Callisto Protocol. That is additional inventory space and more health.
While you will receive various weapons, you will also require resources such as ammo and health to survive Black Iron Prison. You have six inventory spaces in which to keep these commodities or goods. Thankfully, it’s very simple to upgrade both overall health and inventory space as they are upgraded at the same time.
Your Inventory capacity along with the Health Meter is upgraded by finishing the “Habitat” Chapter and continuing through the Callisto Protocol’s fifth chapter, “Lost”. It is more than halfway through the game because it is the fifth chapter. Unfortunately, this is the sole inventory enhancement available in the game. Regardless, your inventory will expand to 12 spaces.
Once the suit is unlocked, you’ll be notified that you now have extra inventory spaces and greater health. This will become more important as you get more ammo and equipment, but you’ll still need to manage your inventory throughout. If you always have at least one healing syringe on you, you may utilize the remaining space for sellable goods and ammunition.
While you cant further upgrade your health or inventory, you may choose to upgrade your weapons.
That’s all for this Callisto Protocol Ultimate Health and Inventory guide. We hope this helped you during your adventures in the gruesome world of Black Iron Prison. We hope to see you again in the next one.
Also Read: Callisto Protocol Actors
Good job! Please give your positive feedback 😏
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 💡