Dead Island 2 is here so are the playable characters. In today’s guide, we will discuss about all these characters individually, including their innate abilities.
- There are 6 distinct playable characters in Dead Island 2.
- Each character has 7 attributes that determine their strengths and weaknesses.
- With the help of stats rating you can select the best character according to your playstyle.
- Jacob and Dani are suitable for players who prefer aggressive gameplay.
- Beginners can go for Clara in the Dead Island 2.
- Speaking of fighting with the crowd of zombies, then Ryan is on top.
- No one can beat Amy due to her high agility attribute.
- In the last, Bruno is known for dealing significant damage to the zombies if played through a specific playing strategy.
Dead Island 2 Playable Characters
There are 6 playable characters in Dead Island 2, and let’s get to know about each of them separately in detail.
In The Dead Island 2 Jacob is the known stuntman and he is one of the six playable characters in the game. After his beloved mother passed away, he moved to London and pursued his dream of becoming a Hollywood stuntman.
He has great taste in classics, so you will hear him saying William Shakespeare quotes. Speaking of his appearance, he wears a black shirt with blue-colored jeans and a camouflage waistcoat, and the sunglasses make him look too classy.
Jacob is a Slayer in HELL-A and a highly potent player with amazing damage capabilities. He is the best pickup for those who prefer aggressive gaming. Apart from being an impressive playable character.
This character has some things that could be improved, too, such as the health recovery process taking time. Although the health is great, the recovery rate is slow, so you must use it accordingly.
He got two innate abilities: Feral and Critical.
- Feral: When attacking in quick succession, Jacob receives a stackable damage boost. The increase in damage depends upon the type of the equipped weapon.
- Critical: This one provides a critical boost of damage at low stamina. Also, with the critical hits, he regains stamina. The usage of this ability is limited to the condition, so you won’t be able to use it all the time.
There are three female playable characters in Dead Island 2, and Amy is one of them. She is a Paralympian and is always up to take the lead. Her enthusiasm and love for running make her a super fine character in Combat against the Zombies.
She takes all challenges as a puzzle and loves to be successful every time. By her looks, Amy appears as a young lady with a fascinating hairstyle. She wears a red-colored top and pants with black-colored sneakers.
Overall Amy’s looks are pleasing and represent the confidence she holds. She is a great player and is selected by players due to her high agility, as no one can beat her in the case of agility. Besides this, she offers excellent critical damage,
But the other stats are quite low, which may put you in a state of going for Amy or not. But if you prioritize agility, then she is the right choice.
- Relief Pitcher: This skill allows her to regain stamina by hitting the enemy through a weapon throw.
- Divide and Conquer: When she makes the strikes on isolated zombies this ability increases the damage.
Here we go with our third male playable character in Dead Island 2, i.e., Bruno. He is a hustler who was raised on the streets of Los Angeles. He is an expert at hiding the deadly knife skills behind his charming personality.
Bruno is a proactive guy and mastermind who always got a plan ready to carry out the activities. His skills are not only limited to it, but also he can perform well in the combats. Best character for those looking for a smart guy ready to handle any situation and adapt to his surroundings.
He offers significant critical damage to the enemies but has very low peak health, which demands players to have safe gameplay by dodging and attacking the enemies from the back.
- Backstab: While attacking the zombies from the back, Bruno gets a damage boost.
- Rapid Reprisal: When Bruno prevents the attacks through dodging or warding off, this ability increases the heavy attack charges and agility.
She is another female playable character we have in-game. Dani is straightforward and doesn’t care what people may think about her; also, she has a twisted sense of humour. She got the rockabilly looks and has a stubborn brawler attitude,
And is capable of giving a hard time to her opponents. She is another good pick for the aggressive gaming style. Dani has satisfactory stamina and peak health; moreover, she can restore health rapidly under certain circumstances, but her overall health recovery is too slow.
- Thunderstruck: This ability is quite reliable as Dani can target multiple opponents and allows her to make lethal explosions whenever she uses heavy attacks.
- Bloodlust: Through this ability, she can recover her health while turning down multiple zombies in quick succession.
Now moving to our last female playable character, her name is Carla. She is a fearless bike stunt rider who welcomes challenges and is ready to encounter any thrilling situation. She is an expert at jumping over ravines, passing through blazing rings of fire, and performing mid-air flips.
All of these tell us about her daring personality, and also, in front of them, fighting with the zombies is just a piece of cake for her. Carla’s excellent resilience and toughness make her a go-to character for beginners, as it becomes difficult for zombies to take her down easily.
Besides this, she is good at tackling a crowd of enemies, so you won’t have to worry if you get surrounded by multiple zombies.
- Mosh Pit: When surrounded by multiple enemies, Mosh Pit’s ability grants Carla a minor damage boost.
- Dig Deep: Carla Gets a moderate increase in toughness when her health reaches a critical stage.
This playable character is more than just a dancer; he got a pessimistic type of sarcasm and a heart that is impossible to defeat. Ryan aims to survive the Zombie outbreak and is on a mission to reunite with his little brother.
He got a decent appearance, including short hair, a black shirt and protective pants. If you are always up to encountering hordes of enemies, then this character is perfect for you. He can perform impressively against the crowd,
And you can obtain excellent results by combining his abilities with weapons. The downside we get to see is the gradual regain of health and vulnerability towards the elemental damage.
- Retaliation: When Ryan dodges or blocks an attack, this ability provides force enhancement.
- Seesaw: Whenever he knocks down the zombie, some of his health recovers through the Seesaw ability.
Now it’s time to say Good-Bye as our guide ends here. This guide may have helped you understand all the playable characters more thoroughly. We will see you in the next guide. Till then, have a happy gaming and keep slaying the zombies.
Do check: Dead Island 2 Character Customization Guide
Good job! Please give your positive feedback 😏
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 💡