Dead space (2023) is developed by the Motive studio and published by Electronic Arts. Dead space remake revives the Excitement of the original dead space by keeping its Original Storyline. On top of it, The Remake offers a variety of new Additional content and an Updated visual view of the Ishimura. These small but key changes in the game have Improved the overall experience, giving a Pleasing Experience to the old franchise fans and the new ones alike. In this guide, we will Put the Dead Space Original Vs the Remake.
- Dead Space Remake stays true to the Original Storyline of Dead Space.
- Dead Space Remake offers an Improved Experience.
- It includes Better Graphics that are Visually Appealing.
- It has an Improved UI, Newer Gameplay Mechanics, and much more Additional Content.
- More New Guns are introduced which are enjoyable to use.
- Dead Space Remake has an Intensity Director mechanism that provides Random Enemy Encounter scenarios.
- Dead Space Remake also has a new Peeling System where the Limbs of Necromorphs can be Torn Off.
- It also comes with many more Side Missions to explore more of the storyline of the game.
- The Remake also offers an Alternate Ending that can be unlocked.
In this article we will compare the original Dead space Vs the remake, exploring Similarities and Differences between the two games.
Dead Space Remake: Updates
The main story revolves around our protagonist Isaac Clarke, voiced by Gunner Wright. Isaac is an engineer that navigates around the horrifying blood bath on the Ishimura ship due to an alien parasite break. On his way to somehow repair the ship while fighting blood-hungry Necromorphs.
One more difference that’s easy to spot is that the main protagonist talked very less in the original Dead space. While in the remake Isaac often takes off his helmet resulting in more Verbal dialogue by him. Which brings a lot of his personality out.
Although the main story remains the same there are many new additions to the remake of Dead space. There are new cutscenes and additional in-game cinematics that explore the lore of the game in some more depth. This makes the overall game more immersive and engaging for the players. As it provides more information about the story and its characters through side missions.
The major difference between Dead space Original Vs Remake is in the graphics of the game. Due to the hardware upgrades in technology and the recent surge in good graphic engines, the game has improved in several areas graphically since 2008. Through the use of the frostbite engine Dead space remake was able to get a Physical base render which helps to make everything from objects to surfaces look realistic.
- The game now has updated textures as it got a higher resolution.
- It allows the game to have more detailed character models, a more atmospheric environment, and objects to feel more realistic.
- The lighting and shadows are also improved in this game which helps to create an immersive sci-fi horror experience in the gameplay.
- Volumetric lighting in this game helps to create environments that feel and look realistic through the use of ray tracing.
- The model design of all characters in dead space has also drastically improved with better animations.
- Visual effects of the game have also changed and improved, Which provides better mechanisms of firing, explosion, and all other effects.
- Due to the visual upgrade Dead space remake feels much more immersive and gives the player a more realistic experience.
- There is also a significant difference in the audio system of the game as through the use of surround sound the audio now is more bass focused.
Furthermore, through the simulation of sound the game’s audio also respects the physics of sound like in the real world. For example, if you make a sound in a hallway the sound would bounce off the walls and surrounding to create an echo effect. This adds up to the realistic scale of the game.
UI (User Interface)
The user interface of the new remake has been modified to be more smooth and user-friendly. Which allows the user to access more options and features conveniently through the menu. The heads-up display has also been updated to provide the user with more information.
The inventory system has also been improved to give users more space. To navigate faster, The mini-map has also been improved to provide more awareness of the surroundings to the user.
Newer Gameplay Mechanics
Dead space remake packs itself with a very enhanced combat system where the fights feel more intense. The movement of your character in the game is also more fluid and smooth now. Also, the movement of Isaac does not feel buggy now as compared to the original dead space. In zero gravity now it’s more realistic as the user gets more 360-degree freedom.
- Shooting is a lot more fun now as the Dead space remake has a new and improved aiming mechanism.
- Now while aiming and shooting the user experience is more responsive and accurate.
- Shooting now does not feel like shooting at lifeless beings as now while shooting the user can now feel the impact of their fire as the enemy gets their limbs shot across.
- Now thanks to the upgrade in hardware and software the controls and triggers feel more smooth and provide immersive feedback.
There are also no Camera cuts in the dead space remake. It provides single-shot gameplay where the cinematics does not require a cut. Due to this, there are no loading screens as the whole Ishimura ship is connected. The one-shot take with no cuts allows for a more smooth gameplay experience for the user.
There is also an addition of more suits and weapons available. You can purchase these weapons and suits from the store or unlock them with the help of side missions. Schematics are also items that you can find scattered around the Ishimura ship. To know more about the schematics and where to find them you can visit this Guide.
There are many sets of armor and suits that you can find in the remake. Visit this guide to know more about how to unlock these Digital Deluxe Suits. By upgrading your rig suit you get more armor and an extra inventory slot.
Moreover, many new guns are introduced in the Dead space remake. Some of these guns can be hard to unlock but they prove to be worthy of the trouble. These guns often have an overpowered damage counter. Furthermore, they are all unique and fun to use.
- To learn how to unlock the Plasma Cutter visit this Guide.
- To learn how to unlock the Foam Finger visit this Guide.
- To learn how to unlock the Force Gun visit this Guide.
- To learn how to unlock the Line Gun visit this Guide.
- To learn how to unlock the Contact Beam visit this Guide.
The new intensity director makes the game more unpredictable. It allows the game to spawn enemies and create different events dynamically. Through the use of intensity director, the amount of uncertainty grows in the gameplay.
Based on certain factors the game itself decides where to spawn enemies and which route you encounter them on, It makes it impossible to predict the jump scares. This new system allows the game to be more horrifying and adds to the element of the scare.
There is also an addition of new side missions in the dead space remake as Vs no side missions in the dead space original. These side missions revolve around side characters and show off their personality. Side missions also allow the user to explore the game lore. They provide more information on what is going on.
While these side missions are not necessary to do. They provide the player with a more immersive experience of the game and make the lore a lot more interesting.
To know more about these side missions and how to clear them, visit this Guide.
New Enemy Peeling System
This new enemy peeling system makes killing the necromorphs grosser but at the same time looks more frightening. While killing your enemies remains the same but there are different ways to eliminate them now as because of this new mechanism their limbs, flesh, bones, and tendons can be torn off.
The crippled enemies might crawl towards you now, making it extremely satisfying to kill each enemy. It also works as a hidden enemy health bar as it can indicate how much damage you are causing to the necromorphs.
This part includes Major Spoilers about the dead space remake. So skip this section if you have not finished the game already.
How To Unlock
To get to the alternate ending you need to complete the Dead Space remake game at least one time. By completing it once you unlock the new game plus mode. In your second round, you can find 12 marker collectibles that you need to progress and unlock the alternate ending.
Although playing it twice can be daunting but is worth it for the alternate ending. In case you guys are not interested in going for a second round, here is what goes down in the alternate ending.
Alternate Ending Explained
In the original ending, Isaac ends up defeating the hive mind and then escaping through Aegis VII. Later on, when he is flying through space, An infected Nicole shows up beside him and jumps at him. This creates the perfect jumpscare for the ending as the player now feels safe after defeating the hive mind.
While escaping the jump scare feels very sudden as it is in the perfect moment to terrify someone. However, in the alternate ending, Isaac similarly ends up in the Aegis VII. But this time the whole interior of the shuttle is covered in scribbles and text in the font of the marker.
Now an infected Nicole appears again beside him but this time it ends up in a dialogue rather than a jumpscare. This shows the impact that the marker has had on his mind. Isaac’s mind has now become more twisted and distorted as he starts to experience the effects of the marker like hallucinations.
This sets up the sequel of the Dead Space remake perfectly. As in Dead Space 2, we get to see how Isaac does not get attacked by someone in the ship as he wakes up later on diagnosed with Amnesia. Later on, the Necromorph outbreak on Titan is also caused by the blueprint of the marker implanted in the head of Isaac.
While the original ending of the Dead space remake is very pleasing and satisfying. As it completes the whole sci-fi horror experience by ending it with a very good planted jumpscare. However, the alternate ending is also exciting as it explores the lore more deeply. As it explains how the events in the sequel of the Dead space remake are caused by the original Dead space.
The remake builds on its foundation and offers updated graphics, better UI, improved controls, and a lot of additional content. Dead space Remake revives the experience of Dead space original as it stays true to the original storyline. But it also improves the experience quite significantly as the Remake is much more immersive and delivers a very pleasing experience.
The updated graphics feel like a cherry on top of an already amazing game. The combat system of the Remake is also a lot more enjoyable as the mechanics and the dynamics of the game have been improved quite significantly.
In conclusion Dead Space Remake Vs Dead Space original was a tough choice. But Dead Space Remake would be recommended more as it delivers the same story and experience while also providing better graphics and a better experience.
To know more about the store, what items you can find there, and how to obtain them you can visit this Guide.
Good job! Please give your positive feedback 😏
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 💡