God of War Ragnarok has several tricky puzzles that are pretty challenging to get past. However, you don’t need to sweat it. We have listed down all of the solutions to the many different puzzles you can find in the game.
Your very first encounter with a puzzle in the game is in Jarnsmida Pitmines. Additionally, the next puzzle is a set of 3 puzzles in Applecore that involve water wheels. Finally, there are several Nornir Chest puzzles. Most of these puzzles require a Leviathan Axe for freezing water and geysers.
So without any further ado, here are all of the puzzles in God of War Ragnarok and how to solve them.
- The first puzzle that you face in the game is in the Jarnsmida Pitmines.
- You must complete this puzzle to progress further in the game.
- The next puzzle is in Applecore in Svartalfheim, which includes 3 water puzzles.
- Lastly, there are the 31 Nornir Chests. We only go into detail about one of them here.
Jarnsmida Pitmines Puzzle
The first puzzle that you encounter in the game is in Jarnsmida Pitmines. After traveling through the mines with Atreus, you’ll reach the Pitmines. Here, you will be faced with your first puzzle.
To solve the puzzle, here’s what you need to do:
- Before you solve the puzzle, completely wipe out all enemies to make solving the puzzle easier.
- After you’re done with that, locate the Soundstones at the right of the area. These will be blocking your way into the walkway. Atreus will obliterate them by firing Sonic arrows.
- Keep progressing through the Pitmines as usual until you reach the water channel with a giant box underneath.
- Now, you’ll need to completely freeze up the water in the waterways by wielding your Leviathan Axe. This will also stop the water wheel.
- Then, find the swing and use it to get across to the other side. You’ll need to land directly on top of the chests on the other side.
- After that, find the bridge and get across it to access the next puzzle. The next puzzle requires you to maintain the bridge at a certain level.
- Find the gear next to the bridge and jam your axe into it. This will stop the bridge. Be sure to do it at the right time so that the bridge is at the right level.
- Next, find the two stones that can be seen hanging right below the massive crane.
- You’ll need to fire your arrows at these stones to obliterate them. These stones will be blocking the water flow and once you destroy them, the water will flow again.
- Then, move on to Applecore.
Svartalfheim Mines Puzzle
Once you reach Applecore, you’ll find that there is a series of water puzzles that you must solve. These puzzles are pretty tricky and often leave many players stranded with no way out.
The water puzzle is divided into 3 separate puzzles. After you complete all 3 of these puzzles, you will be able to move on to the next section.
For the first puzzle, you’ll need to lift a rock submerged in water so that you can jump across it. You’ll need to change the configuration of the water wheels to release the block of stone. Here’s how to release the giant rock:
- First, as soon as you enter the first door, go to the right and look to your upper right. You can clearly see that some Ores are preventing the water from flowing.
- You must fire your arrows at the Ores to release the water flow. You can easily spot the Ores by looking at the color of the waves they emit. If they emit green waves, you know they’re Ores. Luckily, only one arrow is needed per Ore. After you release the water flow, it will fall onto the wheel, which will rotate and move a chain.
- Next, use your Leviathan Axe to freeze the water. You must aim at the specific part of the water that can be frozen using the axe. You should also strike your Leviathan Axe just above the water to bring it down after you’ve frozen it.
- This block of ice will eventually make the wheel rotate and lift up the chain. Use the chain to jump across the massive gap in front of you.
After getting through the first puzzle, you’ll have to solve another water puzzle. This is where most people falter. Fortunately, we have all the steps figured out. Here’s how to solve the 2nd puzzle in Svartalfheim:
- First, after entering the room for the second puzzle, drop down to the right-hand side and fight all the enemies there.
- Now, walk past the Ormr reptile and find the giant metal block. A chain is holding this block up. Strike it with your axe to release the block and cut the chain.
- Climb back up and look for a red-colored spot. The spot is where you can find a gate that will prevent the water from flowing downward. Pull the first chain to open up the gate and release the water behind it.
- Now, go to the left and jump across the gap. You’ll need to use your Leviathan Axe to freeze the geyser so that you can jump across the chasm.
- Go to the stony path on the left and fight the enemies there.
- In the end, you’ll notice a geyser. Uncap it and refreeze the previous one that you just jumped over. The metal block will now lower onto the geyser.
- Now, without any hesitation, hit the chain with your axe as soon as it rises up. It would help if you were quick. Otherwise, you’ll miss the opportunity to hit the chain.
- This will make the block fall. Get to the block and face the second geyser that you uncapped before. Use your Leviathan Axe to refreeze it. This will cause the block to rise.
- Now, you can easily access the next platform. You’ll find the chain controlling the second water gate.
- Pull this chain so the watergate lowers and the water releases from it.
- Now, climb back down, go back to where you started, and look for the boat. get on it to progress further through the water gate.
Final Puzzle (Puzzle 3)
After completing the second puzzle, you’ll have just one last water puzzle to complete. In this puzzle, you’ll be needing Atreus’s help. Here’s how to solve the second puzzle:
- First, you can see that Atreus is standing over the chasm on the other side. You can interact with him by pressing the square button. Interact with Atreus and instruct him to release the Ores into the water. This will stop the natural flow of the water.
- Now, use your Leviathan Axe to freeze up the water so that you can use it to rotate the water wheel.
- After that, ask Atreus to release some Ores into the canal.
- Now, recall your axe and aim at the waterways at the right to freeze them.
- Go to the jumping platform. Now, Atreus should launch his Sonic arrows at the Ores that he dropped to free up the canal.
- Grab onto the platform as the cranes start moving and bring you to Atreus. The puzzle is now complete.
Still stuck on a step? Then head on over to our water puzzles guide. We go into great detail bout how to solve the water puzzles.
Nornir Chest Puzzles
Besides this, there are 31 Nornir Chest God of War Ragnarok puzzles. If you want to know more about these puzzles and how to solve them, check out our complete Nornir Chest guide. We go in-depth about all the puzzles and how to acquire all of the Nornir Chests.
Alfheim The Below Nornir Chest Puzzle
In Alfheim The Below, you’ll need to find a Nornir Chest. This chest can be found after the lore ends, locked behind a closed gate. This chest is considered by many to be the hardest chest to find.
You can only access the Nornir Chest after completing the “Secret of the Sands” favor. If you’re having trouble completing that quest, head on over to our Secret of the Sands guide. Here’s how to solve the puzzle:
- Go to the general area where the Nornir Chest is and climb up the legend you see.
- Grab onto the Zipline and go left.
- On the other side of the Zipline, find the part of the mountains that you can climb.
- Here, you can see two gates. The first gate must be opened by getting to the other side of the mountain.
- For the other gate, you’ll need to climb the mountains. To do this, you must first break the 3 seals using your axe.
- You can find the first seal just below the first chest. You’ll need to follow the path of the blue jumping points present on the towering cliffs. This will show you the right way to the location of the seal.
- You’ll find a door to the right. Open it and ring the seal.
- Now, run down and find the second seal, which will be just opposite the chest.
- A gate will open. Enter the gate and walk the path that leads into the cave that has Twilight Stones. You can easily find the third seal on the left of the door you just entered through. Hit it with your axe.
- Now, the Nornir chest in Alfheim’s The Below location will be unlocked.
There are several puzzles in God of War Ragnarok that are extremely difficult to complete. Luckily, you now know all about the God of Ragnarok Puzzles and how to solve them.
To conclude, there are 2 major puzzles in the game: the Jarnsmida Pitmines and Applecore. Additionally, there are 31 Nornir Chests to be found, several of which are locked behind puzzles.
Now that you know how to solve all of the puzzles, launch your own game and solve the puzzles for yourself.
Good job! Please give your positive feedback 😏
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 💡