Stardew Valley is a great simulation RPG that is based on farming. Players have put tons of hours into this game, and rightly so. Because, just like real-life farming, the game pays you back and rewards you for your efforts. People who have played the game, even a little bit, know that your progression heavily depends on your resources, harvesting them, and using them efficiently without wasting. It also requires you to grow your fortunes over time as you play through your role as a living character in Pelican town. Now one of the ways to make a load of cash in not that much time is by making truffle oil and selling it. No matter what Stardew Valley character you play, you can turn truffle oil into something very valuable. In this guide, we will talk about how to get the most out of this valuable resource:
- Truffles in Stardew Valley can be obtained by buying them from the travelling merchant or letting the pigs out of the barn to roam on the farm.
- To make truffle oil, an oil maker is required, which takes six hours of in-game time to produce one yield from the truffle.
- To make the most out of truffle oil, you need to prepare in advance, get more pigs and barns, and prepare oil makers for truffle oil.
- During winters, you can prepare for the rest of the year by strategizing an efficient recovery and usage of truffle oil.
- More pigs and barns mean more truffle yield, but only mature pigs can find truffles, so they need to be taken care of well.
- Hardwood is the most difficult-to-get ingredient to make oil makers, and it can be obtained by chopping down a Mahogany tree or breaking boxes and barrels in mines.Collect hardwood daily to make more oil makers over time and use them for making truffle oil.
- You can collect truffles all spring long and make truffle oil daily throughout the season by following the mentioned steps.
- With 10 oil makers and running them 3 times a day for a total of 18 hours, you can make a fortune of close to a million gold by selling all truffle oil at the end of the season.
How to Get Truffle Oil
Getting truffle oil actually consists of a very simple couple of steps. You can get your hands on some truffle in two ways. One of them is buying it from the traveling merchant. The traveling merchant sells it for 1500 gold per piece, which is quite expensive. But we are not here for buying things and using our much-needed gold, are we?
The second method involves little to no effort or investment from your side. You have to let your pigs out of the barn and let them roam on the farm, and they will find truffle for you. It is important to note that they do not go out in the winters, so they will only find truffles in spring, summer, and fall.
After harvesting as much of this truffle as you can find from your farm, you need to make truffle oil out of it. Truffles on their own, are not going to do you any good. For making truffles, you need to have an oil maker. The oil maker takes 6 hours of in-game time, to produce one yield out of the truffle you used. This is all about the actual process of making truffle oil.
How to Make the Most Out of Truffle Oil:
As mentioned above, the core process of making truffle oil is not much difficult. However, to make this resource viable, some time and effort are required. As we played through the game to devise the best strategy and to test it, we made the following advancements that we share with you:
Preparing In Advance:
As you cannot get any truffle in the winters, you should use this time to prepare for the rest of the year or the coming season. This will help you prepare beforehand and allow you to strategize an efficient recovery and usage of this resource according to how you have shaped your farm.
Getting More Pigs and Barns:
In our case, we had only 3 barns with only one of them being full of pigs. Over the winters, we built 2 more barns in the same area and loaded them with pigs. You can buy pigs from Marnie’s shop. She lives on a ranch in the North-East area of Cindersap forest and runs her shop there. You must know that her shop is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays so that you don’t get disappointed the same way we did, multiple times. After this, we cleared out another one of our barns by moving all the other animals to a single one. Then we added pigs to this barn too, making it a total of 4 barns holding 48 pigs.
It goes without saying that you need to take good care of these animals to become mature enough and get you the highest yield of truffle that is possible. You should definitely get some radiators/warmers for their barns and feed them well so that they grow well. It is important to note here that only mature pigs can find truffles and not baby pigs. So, you should be buying pigs an appropriate amount of time before the spring blossoms for them to grow to the right age.
Preparing Oil Makers For Truffle Oil:
Oil makers are a key piece of equipment that you need to have at your disposal for making truffle oil from the truffle. You should make a healthy number of oil makers during the winters so that when you collect truffle, you have a working mechanism that continuously produces oil efficiently and in abundance. A single oil maker requires the following to be made:
- 50 Slime
- 20 Hardwood
- 1 Gold bar
You also need to be at level 8 of farming to make an oil maker. Among these, hardwood is the most difficult-to-get ingredient. “It is obtained by chopping down a Mahogany tree with any ax, a Large Stump with a Copper ax or better, or a Large Log with a Steel ax or better,”. Here are a few ways to get hardwood:
- 6 Large stumps respawn daily in the secret woods, so you can get 12 hardwoods from here daily.
- By breaking boxes and barrels in mines, you can get it as loot.
- At the Feast of the Winter Star, Robin may gift you 25 hardwoods.
You can follow these methods, but you must try collecting hardwood daily so that you have as many as possible all the time. This way, you can make more oil makers over time and use them for making your truffle oil.
Following the above steps, we collected truffle all spring long and used it to make truffle oil daily, throughout the season. With whatever truffle our 48 pigs found daily, we made oil using 10 oil makers. As it takes 6 hours to get one yield out of the oil maker, we ran them 3 times a day for a total of 18 hours. With such a working system, we were able to make a fortune of close to a million gold after selling all our truffle oil at the end of the season.
The Mayor’s Need Quest:
During your gameplay, you might stumble upon the “The Mayor’s Need” quest. This quest requires you to make truffle oil and deliver it to the mayor. Well, guess what? We have already told you every possible way on how to get it done. Even if you are not taking on the project of making large amounts of truffle oil, it is still a pretty easy quest to complete for you.
If you liked this guide, or even if you didn’t, comment down below for feedback.
Good job! Please give your positive feedback 😏
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 💡