While exploring the open world of Hogwarts Legacy and progressing through the story quests, you will require assistance in combat. For that, we will need potions and potent spells for which seeds and other ingredients are required located in different shops. One of these shops is the Dogweed and Deathcap.
This store contains some particular types of seeds, like the Mandrake seed, which can be used to grow the mandrake plant and cure people who have been petrified. Other than that, you can also find other items here which will help you progress further in the game.
- Dogweed and Deathcap is a store in Hogsmeade.
- It is not close to Hogsmeade’s other shops and places, so you will have to travel a little to the North.
- Dogweed and Deathcap contain specific seeds or tools for Professor Garlick’s assignment, so you must visit this once.
- Other than that, you can use these items to brew potions or use them in attacks against enemies to kill them.
- Seed Packets contain Chinese Chomping Cabbage, Mandrakes, and Venomous Tentacula seeds.
- Room of Requirement items contain Fertilizer.
- Combat tools include fully formed plants of Chinese Chomping Cabbage, Mandrakes, and Venomous Tentacula.
- You can also sell items in your inventory if you want; you will be awarded coins.
Dogweed and Deathcap is a place you must visit when completing your primary story campaign because some objectives, like Professor Garlick’s Assignment, will require you to use a Venomous Tentacula or a Mandrake on multiple enemies.
Where Is It?
When you travel out of Hogwarts, you will find a village called Hogsmeade which contains essential spots like the hidden location of Field Guide pages and the Demiguise Statues. Many shops in the town are close to each other and inside the village perimeter, unlike Dogweed and Deathcap, which is far up North.
To get there, you will have to travel far North so don’t forget to use your broom or else you will have to walk or run a lot. If you still haven’t unlocked the broom, you must progress further in the story campaign and complete the Jackdaw’s Rest quest.
When you look to the North of Hogsmeade on the map, you will see a Mushroom symbol that will be the location of the Dogweed and Deathcap store. Put a waypoint to that location and start traveling toward it. It will be close to the main graveyard of Hogsmeade.
When you cross the northern bridge of Hogsmeade at the entrance, you can reach the shop by going to the left or right. But the shortcut is toward the left; as you cross the stairs, the shop’s main door will be right in front of you.
What Does It Contain?
The shop owner, Beatrice Green, will kindly greet you when you reach there. Upon interacting with her, she will warn you about the mandrakes as someone died because of them. The store’s inventory contains seed packets, some items for your Room of Requirement, and combat tools.
- The Chinese Chomping Cabbage seed will let you grow the Chinese Chomping Cabbages. Use these cabbages on the battlefield to attack or divert enemies. It will cost you 600 coins.
- The Mandrake seeds will grow a Mandrake plant which can be harvested after 15 minutes. A potion made by Mandrake can cure people attacked by the deadly monster of the chamber of secrets. It will cost you 800 coins.
- The Venomous Tentacula seeds grow the plant in large pots. It is a powerful plant during tough fights as it can spray acid on enemies when used, which deals tremendous damage. It costs 1050 coins.
All the seeds bought from Dogweed and Deathcap are taken to the Room of Requirement, where they are grown, and all of them will roughly take 15 minutes before harvest, so you will have to wait. Buying and planting them will complete your Herbology assignment given by Professor Garlick.
Room Of Requirement Items
- You can buy fertilizer for 300 coins, increasing the yield of plants planted in the Room of Requirement. The plants will grow faster and in more significant amounts, reducing harvesting time.
All the seed packets mentioned above will grow into a plant. If you wish to get the plants directly and not raise them, you can buy them from the Combat Tools section. It contains the Chinese Chomping Cabbage for 300 coins, Mandrake for 500 points, and Venomous Tentacula for 600 coins.
You can buy the combat tools when you are about to get into a brutal fight where you need assistance, as growing the plant from seeds takes more time.
This is all about Dogweed and Deathcap. By now, you must have seen the importance of this shop as it holds some items that can make up a deadly potion. Don’t forget to visit it and buy those. Visit VeryAliGaming for the latest guides on Hogwarts Legacy.
Up Next: Hogwarts Legacy: Map size & Major Regions
Good job! Please give your positive feedback 😏
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 💡