Are you stuck in finding Rowland Oakes? Here’s a walkthrough on the sidequest “The Tale of Rowland Oakes” in Hogwarts Legacy!
Hogwarts Legacy has been out for a couple of days now and offers a lot of sidequests/assignments along with its primary plot.
Mostly, they are fun obstacles and side tasks to fulfill but some side quests are shockingly in-depth. The sidequest involving Rowland Oakes is one such quest. Let’s get you through it!
- Players must have finished the main story quest for The Helm of Urtkot in order to access this quest.
- Start the quest by looking for the camp where Rowland was last seen. You’ll have to find the map and his notebook.
- The map is on top of a neighboring container, while the notebook is lying on the ground nearby.
- Rowland’s hand-drawn map depicts several sites along a river that lead to a demolished castle, including a rock formation, a crooked tree, and a crumbling tower.
- To discover precisely where Rowland has been taken, the player will need to follow the hints.
- Go to the locations of the hand-drawn map i.e. River, castle, and ruins.
- You will find Rowland in the Ruins which is the last location on the map.
- Rowland will ask you to free him by getting his wand for him.
- Rowland’s wand will be found on a desk in the room to the right once you have cleared it out. Give it to him to free him out.
- Rowland will get out of the cell and thank you and that will finish the side quest.
The Tale Of Rowland Oakes
The character Adelaide needs your assistance in determining what happened to her uncle Rowland. She will send you a letter through your Owl Post. You’ll need to go to the Transfiguration Courtyard’s north section to talk with her. You’ll learn that she is anxious about her uncle Rowland Oakes‘ whereabouts because he hasn’t spoken to her since he got stuck with radical goblins.
The quest is pretty simple but it includes a map that is quite hard to follow against the in-game map. There is a lot of exploration and battle in this specific side quest and it is very long. But, we’ll guide you through every step of the Tale of Rowland Oakes’s side mission. That includes how to use Rowland’s map in Hogwarts Legacy, so don’t worry!
Firstly, we will guide you through the requirements before you start the quest! Here they are below:
- Players must have finished the main story quest for The Helm of Urtkot in order to access this quest. Adelaide Oakes will then show up in the Transfiguration Courtyard with this side quest.
Steps For The Tale Of Rowland Oakes
Rowland Oakes, her uncle, has been conducting business with Ranrok’s goblins, and she will request that the player looks for him. Adelaide believes Rowland is in danger because she has not talked to him in a while.
Furthermore, she wants you to start by looking for the camp where Rowland was last seen. Here is the list of steps in detail that you need to follow to find him!
Guide To The Map
- Use the in-game map: The camp will be indicated on your map, and once you get there, you’ll have to take out several goblins.
- Use Magic Spells for help: Cast the spell Revelio after clearing the camp to discover Rowland’s journal and a map. The map is on top of a neighboring container, while the notebook is lying on the ground nearby.
- Understanding the basics of the map: Rowland’s hand-drawn map depicts several sites along a river that lead to a demolished castle, including a rock formation, a crooked tree, and a crumbling tower. To discover precisely where Rowland has been taken, the player will need to follow the hints.
Following The Map
- Finding the River: Open the in-game global map and then search the area to the west of where you battled the goblins and discovered Rowland’s map to find him. In the northeastern part of the North Hogwarts region, players will see a river that flows west to a bandit fortress.
- Goblins in the Castle: You will reach a goblin-occupied castle by traveling west, staying on the riverside route, and passing the locations shown on Rowland’s map.
- Going to Korrow Ruins: The entrance to Korrow Ruins is concealed behind a metal gate within the castle once you enter, battle the goblins on the higher floor. After that, you will climb a ladder there.
Finding Rowland Oakes
- Inside Korrow Ruins: Goblins also live in the Korrow Ruins, and Rowland is imprisoned there in one of the complex’s underground prisons. Follow the quest point on the map until you come to a room with more goblins, a big metal door, and staircases on both sides.
- Meeting Rowland: To go to the lowest level of the region, where Rowland is enslaved behind a closed door guarded by goblins, clear out the chamber and follow the quest marker down there. He may be interacted with by players, and he will beg you to locate his wand.
Finding Rowland Oakes’ Wand
- Light up the room: You may locate a huge, silver boiler by going back to the chamber with the big door, going up two flights of stairs, and turning about in the space. Open the metal door to the next room by lighting the fire below the boiler using the Incendio or Confringo spell.
- Getting the Wand: More goblins, including the boss Pergit, will be waiting for you here. Rowland’s wand will be found on a desk in the room to the right once you have cleared it out.
- Finishing the Quest: To finish the quest, go back to Rowland and engage with him to give him the wand. You can’t fast travel out of this location, thus to get out of the ruins, you’ll have to go back to the entrance.
After you give Rowland his wand, he will use his spells to break out. Rowland will come out to thank you for finding his wand and getting him out by using his map.
Congratulations! You got Rowland out and now he is a free wizard. Ultimately, that is all we could tell you about the “Tale of Rowland Oakes” quest in Hogwarts Legacy. Now, Adelaide will not be worried about her uncle as he is in no more problems with the goblins. Consider leaving feedback if you liked reading the guide.
Give us a like if the guide helped you around in clearing the map or any aspect of the quest. Share us with your friends so that don’t miss out on any further guides on new games from us. We’ll keep updating you with newer guides daily!
Read another article on How to tame Beasts in Hogwarts Legacy if you are interested in more Hogwarts Legacy guides!
Good job! Please give your positive feedback 😏
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 💡