At the start of Resident Evil 4 Remake, there are a few weapon options that you have, Bolt Thrower is one of the sustainable ones that you can get early on. In the beginning, you are only given a handgun and you can find a shotgun. When you first meet the Merchant you are offered an SR M1903 Rifle and the Bolt Thrower. Although the Rifle deals way more damage. However, using The bolts provides more ammo sustainability.
- Bolt Thrower can be Acquired early on in the game, In chapter 2 from the Merchant.
- It will offer you Reusable Ammo that can be picked up after firing.
- You need to buy the Bolt Recipe to Craft the bolts.
- You need to buy the Attachable Mines Recipe to craft attachable mines to your bolts.
- After fully Upgrading the weapon, It will be more useful.
- This weapon can be used to Mine the Ravens to get random Loot.
- It is a good option at the starting phase of the game as it Saves you Ammo.
Bolt Thrower is a modern-day crossbow. The ammo it uses is the bolts that can be crafted. 4 bolts can be crafted using one kitchen knife and one resource(L). Alternatively, if you use one boot knife with one resource(L) you can craft 6 bolts. To craft the ammo needed for this weapon you need the bolt recipe that you can get for 6,000 Pesetas from the merchant.
How To Get It?
When the first-time merchant appears in chapter 2. He offers you the Bolt Thrower for the first time and it is going to cost you 10,000 Pesetas. Alternatively, you can also wait for the merchant to appear in chapter 3 as the merchant will also offer you a discount on your purchase.
In chapter 4 when the merchant shows up beside the shooting range near the lake area. The merchant would also offer you the recipe for the attachable mines at a discount of 6,400 Pesetas (original price: 8,000 Pesetas). Make sure to grab it as when mines are combined with the bolt it can offer you a deadly combo. Although attachable mines on the bolt offer a lot of damage dealt, Especially on weak points. However, it will destroy the bolt in the process and you would no longer be able to pick it up.
Although it is a very slow-paced gun at the start of Resident Evil 4 Remake. After enough upgrades, it can deliver the same pace of firing as a normal handgun. At the start, It is not that strong so you need to invest in this weapon to make it worthy of use.
- Investing in power will help you make the weapon more explosive and it will deal more damage.
- By upgrading ammo capacity you can load more bolts into the gun at a single instance.
- By investing in reload speed, Leon will reload the weapon faster helping you avoid enemy attacks while reloading.
- Investing in the rate of fire will increase the speed of firing the weapon making you hit more targets in less time.
- The exclusive upgrade can be made after the weapon has been fully upgraded and in the case of this weapon it offers you additional ammo capacity.
You can also check out the stats of this gun at each level after upgrading in the pictures below. Also, You can look at the Pesetas it would require you to upgrade from each level for every type of upgrade in the pictures below.
Tips And Uses
The main attractive point of this weapon is the re-usability of its ammo. After you fire a bolt you can go and retrieve it back from the enemy’s corpse or the ground in case you missed. But be careful if you miss your shot and the bolt flies off in an accessible area you can no longer pick it back up.
Even though the arrow does not one-shot enemies but it can stun your enemies. If you hit the zombies in the head or their knee they will be stunned and then you can go on and melee them. The main thing you need to be careful about is the aim. It can be considered a mid-range weapon. But not a long-range weapon as the bolt drops when traveling in a longer range.
In close combat, It can serve to be useful as you can kill enemies, Pick up the bolts from their bodies and you won’t end up wasting any Gun ammo in the process. It is also considered a stealth weapon. But this aspect is not that useful as being stealthy is not useful in Resident Evil 4.
However, one mining technique that you can use is to kill the ravens that are sitting in random locations with the bolt. You will get the random loot that they drop while also picking up the bolts back in the process. Killing ravens with the bolt will also not make any noise so the remaining raven would not be scared and fly off.
At the start of the game, you have a few options in weapons. So Bolt Thrower is a considerable option at the start of Resident Evil 4 Remake. Although It is not so powerful to be considered a good damage dealer. But it can help you greatly at the starting phase of the game as ammo is scarce.
So you can use it to save up ammo and kill enemies without worrying about running out of ammo. But late game even after being fully upgrades the weapon can fail to help you in clearing out stronger enemies without being killed.
So my recommendation would be to buy it in the starting phase of the game as it is affordable and can help you in saving ammo. However, in the late stages, you would be better off with a good rifle. That can hit zombies on a headshot or just simply provide a lot of damage.
If you enjoyed this guide, make sure to check out more stuff from us as well:
- RE4 Remake Punisher Handgun Location
- Sons Of The Forest: How To Hotkey Weapons
- Fortnite Creative 2.0 Map Codes
Good job! Please give your positive feedback 😏
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 💡