Matilda is a classic handgun that made a comeback in Resident Evil 4 Remake. This weapon features burst rounds with enough Power to take care of most of the enemies. However, you must grind game to get this excellent weapon. But, the hard work is worth its merits.
- Matilda is a handgun that shoots bullets in burst fire.
- You can acquire it from the Merchant once you reach Chapter 8 of the game.
- You must trade 10 Spinels to get Matilda in Resident Evil 4 Remake.
- You must complete the Requests/side tasks the Merchant gave to get Spinels.
- The gun has massive firepower but is only effective once you fully upgrade it.
- The best upgrade for this weapon is firepower. You can move to other upgrades once you finish this one.
- The Stock for Matilda is only unlocked in Chapter 11 of Resident Evil 4 Remake, and you can get it for 12 Spinels.
- Like other weapons, you can sell this one for 10,000 Pesetas.
How To Acquire Matilda?
Unlike the previous version, Matilda can be easily obtained in the remake version of RE 4. To get this gun, you must progress through the game till you reach Chapter 8. Once there, you can trade it for 10 Spinels with Merchant.
Although, the gun will remain available for the remaining part of the game too. So, you can buy it later if you do not have enough Spinels at that time.
Collect 10 Spinels
Spinels are a kind of special currency in RE 4 Remake. The best method to earn them is by completing the missions or Requests the Merchant gives in each chapter. These Requests are similar to side missions that you can easily finish while going through the story’s lore.
Commonly, these missions include:
- Killing certain animals.
- Collecting specific materials.
- Destroying blue medallions in some locations on the map.
- Trading or selling specific items.
You can view the current Requests by going to a Merchant and pressing Tab while in the “Trade” section. Another way to get Spinels is by searching around the map. However, this method does not give enough amount to buy the gun. Hence, it is best to stick to the first method.
Reach Chapter 8
It comes a little late in the game, and you must spend ample time reviewing the previous chapters. Keep in mind speed running will let you finish chapters quickly, but you must also collect Spinels to buy the gun.
Finding the Merchant is not difficult in this part of the game. Go through the doors and down the stairs towards the Ground Floor until you reach a hallway. This hallway will be near the exit to the external portion of the building.
There will be a door that leads to a room. The Merchant will be present in that room for trading.
Trading With Merchant
When you get the required Spinels, you can approach the Merchant anytime and trade the weapon for 10 Spinels.
- Press F to talk to the Merchant.
- Go to the “Trade” section.
- Select Matilda, and hold Spacebar to trade the weapon.
The next task will be to get the Stock for Matilda, but you cannot buy it until you reach Chapter 11. The Stock is priced at 12 Spinels. Therefore, you can start collecting and saving them till you get there.
Matilda is an overall good handgun with medium – close effective damage range. Its ability to fire burst shots makes it extremely deadly. Hence, you can use it to take care of most of the common enemies.
|Rate of Fire||0.96||Yes|
|Inventory Capacity||2 x 3||No|
Looking into the basic statistics of the gun, it cannot do much damage to a hoard of enemies in its base form. However, with proper upgrades, you can turn it into a beast. The first area to put all your money into is the Power sector. Afterward, you can start upgrading other attributes of this weapon.
The gun allows upgrading many stats once you have bought it. These include:
- Ammo Capacity
- Reload Speed
- Rate of Fire
These upgrades give a significant buff to the overall stats of the gun. So, you must upgrade it timely to use it at its full potential. The upgrades may cost you a little bit more, but they are worth it. The first aspect you should spend on is Power.
|Reload Speed||Level 1||1||–|
|Ammo Capacity||Level 1||18||–|
|Rate of Fire||Level 1||0.96||–|
|Exclusive Upgrade||–||Ammo Capacity Doubles||70,000|
In addition to the usual upgrades, the gun has an Exclusive Upgrade, too, which can be helpful in many difficult scenarios. Buying the Exclusive Upgrade for Matilda costs 70,000 Pesetas, doubling the already present Ammo Capacity.
Using this upgrade, you can be confident in taking a lot of enemies at once. The upgrade allows you to fire without reloading a long time. Combining it with other maxed stats, this gun can become an absolute slaughter tool for close to medium-range encounters.
Tips For Using Matilda
Although this gun looks like a common pistol, using it smartly is the key that makes it deadly. Follow these tips to maximize your utility for this weapon:
- Upgrade the weapon as soon as possible if you want to make it your primary weapon.
- Going for headshots or other weak portions of the enemies will ensure maximum damage. It can take down lower enemies in one shot.
- Having the Exclusive Upgrade will allow you to combat several enemies at once.
- You can buy its Stock once you reach Chapter 12. It costs 11 Spinels.
- The Stock unleashes the true Power of this gun, allowing it to fire three-round burst shots.
- The Stock also increases the gun’s precision from 3.5 to 4.6.
Summing up, getting the maxed upgrades along with the 2x Ammo Capacity Exclusive Upgrade, Matilda is a stronger weapon than other handguns. However, the cost for these upgrades is a lot, and it’s only justified if you wish to make it your primary weapon.
Check our other articles on Resident Evil 4 Remake for more guides:
- Resident Evil 4 Remake Trophies [Full List] – VeryAli Gaming
- Resident Evil 4 Remake: Ada Wong Guide – VeryAli Gaming
Good job! Please give your positive feedback 😏
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 💡