Resident Evil 4 Remaster brings with it the Punisher handgun that was first introduced in the original Resident Evil 4 (2005) as a reward for completing the Blue Medallions side activity. It’s kind of the same here as Resident Evil 4 Remake Punisher will cost you five spinels.
- The Punisher handgun is one of the earliest guns you can purchase from the Merchant, in the beginning of Chap 2.
- Instead of Pestas, the Punisher costs 5 spinels.
- Spinels can be collected by completing side quests for the Merchant.
- An exclusive upgrade for the Punisher is the “Penetration Power Perk.
- We would recommend that players do not invest too much into the Punisher weapon as the default SG-09 R pistol deals more damage and can hold off enemies well until players receive the Red-9 pistol.
How To Get The Punisher
Even if the side quest doesn’t offer you the Punisher right away, you’ll still need to destroy all those Blue Medallions if you want to obtain it. That’s because you generally get Spinels for completing these side missions from the Merchant (and there are more of them this time). They were included in the original game as well, but now they should be swapped with the Merchant for items that cannot be purchased elsewhere rather than being sold for Pesetas.
The Punisher can be obtained from the Merchant starting in Chapter 2 by trading 5 Spinels. The Punisher can be sold for 5000 Pesetas, and repurchased for 10,000 Pesetas. If you want more details on how to get the spinels, we have you covered.
How To Get Spinels To Unlock The Punisher
You’ll have the opportunity to complete unique requests from the Merchant that are indicated in blue on different levels early on in the game. These are essentially side quests in Resident Evil 4 Remaster. As players advance in the game, these requests will reward them with spinels and other goodies. The Punisher handgun may be bought from the merchant for 5 Spinels. Here are the earliest two requests that can be completed before your first encounter with the Merchant:
Destroy The Blue Medallions
You can find this request right after the first village fight area near a small barn. Here’s what it’ll require you to do to get those spirals
- Destroy 5 blue medallions around the Farm Area, they shouldn’t be too hard to find if you keep your eyes open to the surroundings.
Once you exit the Abandoned Factory in Chapter 2, you’ll come across the merchant and the first Pest Control request. There are three rats to find here. Here’s where you can find those pesky rats
- The first is in the long hallway, near the end.
- There’s another just through the window you need to jump through.
- And the third and final rat for this area is also in the same room, running around near the furnaces.
Getting The Gun From The Merchant
Return to the Merchant, who will have his first store established right around the beginning of chapter 2, where Leon initially retrieves his equipment from the villagers, once you’ve finally collected five spinels. You should now be able to buy the Punisher gun from him along with other things like a treasure map in the Trading section.
The Punisher Stats and Overview
Here’s an upgrade table for The Punisher
|Punisher||Lvl 1||Lvl 2(cost)||Lvl 3 (cost)||Lvl 4(cost)||Lvl 5(cost)|
|Rate of Fire||1.05||1.26(8000)||1.42(12000)||1.63(15000)||1.91(20000)|
- Precision: 4.50
- Penetration Power
- Compatible with the laser sight
- Uses Regular Handgun Ammo
- The Exclusive upgrade can only be gained by fully upgrading this weapon, or using an Exclusive Upgrade Ticket traded by the Merchant
- Benefits from the “One In The Chamber” bonus, which allows you to load one extra bullet over the max ammo capacity.
The Punisher has a low upgrade cost, a quick rate of fire, and a quick reload, but its power is the lowest of all the pistols. With its Penetration power, which allows you to hit many adversaries with one shot if they are lined up, it makes up for its poor power. With the Exclusive upgrade, Penetration is increased by 5x, making it an excellent weapon for clearing crowds.
Is The Punisher better than the SG-09 R and Should You Get It?
In Resident Evil 4, there are just two ways in which the SG-09 R is superior to the Punisher. It first does greater damage since it has a higher power rating. The SG-09 R pistol has 1.00 power at level 1, compared to the Punisher’s 0.90. The SG-09 R is superior to the Punisher in another sense since it is your default weapon, saving you from having to spend rare spinel’s on it when you might be using them for anything else. For instance, the Merchant advises you to use your first spinels to purchase the Treasure Map.
The Punisher’s other stats are all somewhat better than the SG-09 R’s, although it has a little lower power. Its stats aren’t that much better than those of the SG-09 R, and you won’t notice that much of a difference in combat despite the fact that it has a greater ammunition capacity, faster reload speed and rate of fire and superior accuracy. However, the Punisher has one significant benefit over the SG-09 R, the “Penetration Power perk”. The Punisher may shoot past the initial opponent struck and strike targets behind the first adversary. This is completely ineffective against strong bosses and lone adversaries, but it works well against big groups of them.
Spending your Spinels somewhere else is the better option. The Punisher is particularly excellent at accuracy, which greatly aids in targeting and landing headshots on enemies. But, the SG-09 R and Red9, deal more damage and offer more bang for your buck.
That’s all for this Resident Evil 4 Remake Punisher handgun guide, we hope it helped you understand all there is to know about this gun.
Good job! Please give your positive feedback 😏
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 💡