While there is currently no dedicated hosting server in Sons of the Forest, you can still enjoy multiplayer mode by hosting a regular server. Here’s how to do server hosting in Sons of the Forest.
- You can host a server in the multiplayer mode and that will allow you to play with up to 7 of your friends.
- The capacity will max out at 8 players including you.
- There is currently no dedicated hosting server in Sons of the Forest, but you can still enjoy multiplayer mode by hosting a regular server on your PC.
- To host a server, go to the multiplayer tab and choose “Host.”
- Choose to start a new game or continue an existing one and choose the desired difficulty level.
- Set up the server by entering a name and selecting the player count, as well as choosing whether the game-mode is friends-only or open to anyone.
- Invite your friends to join the server by sharing the server’s name/address.
- You can also join public servers hosted by other players by clicking on the “Join” option in the multiplayer section.
- The server host has the power to kick anyone from the server if they are not playing fair.
Firstly, it’s important to note that hosting a server requires a stable internet connection. You or one of your friends will need to host the server, and it’s recommended that the person with the strongest internet connection is designated as the leader/host to avoid any connectivity problems.
Steps To Start Server Hosting
To start hosting a server in Sons of the Forest, you’ll need to follow these steps:
- Launch Sons of the Forest
- Click on the multiplayer tab.
- Click on the “Host” option to start the server setup process.
- You’ll be presented with two options – start a new game or continue an existing one.
- You’ll need to select the difficulty level you want to play at if this is a new game. Set up the difficulty of the gameplay.
- Next, you’ll need to set up the server by entering a name and selecting the player count.
- You can also choose to turn it on/off between friends only or open it to everyone.
- Once you’ve set up the server, invite your friends to join the server by sharing the server’s name with them. You can share your server name with your friends in the way you like.
- Your friends can join the server by launching Sons of the Forest, selecting the multiplayer tab, and clicking on the “Join” option. They’ll need to enter the server’s name to connect to the server.
Join Someone Else’s Server
You can still join servers made and hosted by other players. If you don’t have any friends to play with. To do this, follow the steps written below:
- Click on the “Join” option in the multiplayer tab.
- Browse through the server list and find one that suits you best.
- You can also accept a Steam game invite if someone spots you.
- This way, you will also be able to find new players and add them as friends to play with.
This way you can find like-minded players who share your passion for survival horror gameplay!
Things To Keep In Mind
Here are a few things that you should keep in mind while trying to host a server in Sons of the Forest:
- It’s important to note that your server will only be active until your PC is on.
- It’s recommended that you keep your computer on while playing with friends.
- Once you turn off your computer, the server will shut down, and your friends won’t be able to join the game anymore.
- It’s worth noting that the server hosts can kick anyone from their server. This is set up so that the server will be able to kick out any person in the server if they are not playing fair.
- So, play by the rules and enjoy the adrenaline-fueled rush of multiplayer gameplay in Sons of the Forest.
Will Dedicated Server Hosting Become Available
Unfortunately, the developers have not yet provided a tool in Steam for this purpose. You don’t have access to a dedicated server in Sons of the Forest as of right now! However, don’t despair, as this feature is expected to be included in future updates. We will advise that you keep looking at this article for updated information on this exciting development. Once this tool is released, it should be user-friendly; we will also keep updating the guide as soon as new information comes out!
If Sons of the Forest ever adds a dedicated server and you want to check it out yourself. Follow these steps:
- Open your Steam library.
- In the drop-down menu under Home, click on “Games” (this is the default label).
- Check the box labeled “Tools.“
- In the search bar, type “Sons of the Forest.”
- Look for “Sons of the Forest Dedicated Server.”
- If the Dedicated server becomes available, you will see it there. There is nothing there as of now.
In conclusion, hosting a server in Sons of the Forest is relatively straightforward. Ultimately, that is all we could have told you about server hosting in Sons of the Forest.
We understand that Sons of the Forest can get quite boring after a while. So if you want to spice it up a little, you need to see Sons Of The Forest Mods! To have some more fun learn about the location of the Sons of The Forest Knight V to make your gameplay fun with the unicycle experience!
Good job! Please give your positive feedback 😏
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 💡