Though players are bound to run into arrows throughout their playthrough, they’ll still run short of this ammunition if not properly ready. Before risking your life to take down bosses, get your bow’s ammunition fully packed. Continue reading to find out the best arrow farm in Tears of the Kingdom, along with other possible ways of gathering arrows.
- Arrows are ammunition that helps players use their ranged weapon bow.
- You must gather as many arrows as possible from the early game, as it will assist you later on.
- The best way of farming arrows is to purchase arrows from a merchant’s store, rest/sleep at a campfire in another town, and return back after 24 hours. All the arrows will respawn for you to purchase.
- It is not recommended to try the purchasing method in the earliest part of your playthrough. Instead, follow other ways of gathering arrows.
- You can also gather arrows from crates and barrels, pick up enemies’ missed arrows, open chests in a shrine, loot defeated enemies’ loot for them, and finally, retrieve back your own missed arrows.
- You can find a bow and arrows on Great Sky Island near Ukouh Shrine. Another early game bows and arrows nearby are on your way to In-Isa Shrine from Ukouh Shrine.
Respawn Arrows In Merchant Shops
Whether you are in Lookout Landing, Kakariko Village, Rito Village, or any other town in Tears of the Kingdom, you’ll run across stores and merchants. Always check them out for Arrows. Most stores are fully stocked with them. You can purchase 40 to 70 basic arrows in a single purchase in exchange for some rupees.
Now here’s a trick; once you are done purchasing all the available arrows, follow these steps:
- Fast-travel to another town.
- Go to a campfire or a bed rest area.
- Rest or sleep for a whole day and revisit the same shop afterward. This will respawn the arrows you bought earlier; therefore, you can repeat the process again.
This method allows farming most arrows in a short period of time and is hence considered the best arrow farm in Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.
- Note: Sadly, the amount of cash spent on arrows does not make buying arrows the most efficient method. Make sure you’re not short on cash while trying to buy arrows. Only spend on arrows if you’ve earned enough. If you are still in the early part of the playthrough, try out other ways to farm arrows rather than spending your entire rupees on them.
Other Ways To Farm Arrows
Here are some other available ways of farming arrows in Tears of the Kingdom:
Destroy Crates And Barrels
Once you arrive at the Great Sky Island and start getting familiar with game mechanics, you’ll soon realize the crates and barrels spawn rate has immensely increased compared to the previous game, Breath of the Wind.
The good news is most of these giant wooden crates and barrels contain arrows inside of them. You will collect a handful of arrows within thirty minutes of exploring Great Sky Island just by destroying crates or barrels. A single crate/barrel can drop up to five arrows, and by the time you progress to the Hyrule Kingdom, you may have 50-60 from this method alone.
After arriving in the Hyrule Kingdom, keep a lookout for any crate and barrel in sight and destroy it for an endless source of arrows throughout the gameplay. The crates tend to respawn later on along with their items after a Blood Moon occurs every seven in-game days.
- Note: Avoid destroying a crate or a barrel with your Melee weapon, especially in the early game. Instead, use your Ultra Hand ability and drop the crate from height. This will smash open the crate/barrel without damaging any of your precious early-game weapons.
Dodge The Arrows And Pick Them Up
There are multiple ranged attack enemies you’ll run across in Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. They carry a bow with them and start attacking Link if he gets spotted. At first, players will encounter Constructs carrying bows, but later on, they will encounter much stronger enemy types, such as Bokoblin with a bow and arrow, located within camps.
All you need to do is let these enemies spot you and shower you with arrows. Make sure you dodge these arrow attacks, or else the arrow gets destroyed. Keep dodging and picking up any arrow that lands on the ground. Through this method, you will collect a good amount of arrows in a single go.
You can also equip a shield and block the incoming attack. The arrows stuck on your shield are still useable, and you won’t have to waste time dodging them. These arrows will automatically add to your inventory. However, we do not recommend using your shield as it gets worn off and eventually breaks without being of any use in actual combat.
- Note: There may be a glitch that you face of arrows disappearing soon after hitting the ground; make sure you collect them before they vanish.
Open Chests In Shrines
The shrines offer various sorts of puzzles and rewards, big or small. Unlocking an ability is not the only thing you’ll obtain in shrines. If you explore around, you’ll find multiple chests the shrines hold. Sometimes, the chest contains 10x basic arrows. So, keep an eye out for chests while in shrines, and you will gather some arrows for later use.
Loot Defeated Enemies
Killing enemies results in a drop of a few items. It usually contains Zonai Charges (if it’s a Construct) along with the weapon the enemy was carrying. Take down any archer opponent of a group, and it will drop the bow alongside some arrows. Players encounter a handful of Archer Constructs in Great Sky Island. If you prioritize killing them all, you’ll have a good start to your archery.
This method does not provide an abundant amount of arrows, but since you’ll be killing loads of enemies anyway, why not pick some arrows on the way?
Pick Up Missed Arrows
Just like you can pick up the opponent’s missed arrows, you can also retrieve back any arrow you missed while taking down an enemy. Once the enemy is down, go near and retrieve all your missed arrows back. They’ll be scattered all over the ground. And no, you can not retrieve the arrows that hit the enemy.
How To Obtain A Bow And Arrow Early Game
There are two ways through which players can collect a bow and arrows within 20-30 minutes in Great Sky Island. All you need is to look at the correct locations.
Location # 1
The first location of the bow and arrow is right in front of the Ukouh Shrine – the first shrine of Tears of the Kingdom. It is located west of the Temple of Time. An archer Construct is carrying the ranged weapon. You must defeat it with a piece of branch in order for it to drop an “Old Wooden Bow” along with some arrows. This is the closest available bow and arrow from the Temple of Time.
Location # 2
The second bunch of a bow and arrows are located on the path between Ukouh Shrine and In-Isa Shrine. You will spot a Hunter Construct trying to hunt down some animals. The bow and a set of 10 arrows are right next to that Construct, standing against a wall. If you don’t plan on facing enemies head-on just yet, this location is perfect for you. Here is the exact location of that area:
Multiple sorts of bows are located throughout the Hyrule Kingdom and Great Sky Island. And, of course, a bow needs its ammunition. With the help of our guide, always have your hands full of arrows from the best arrow farm in Tears of the Kingdom. If you search at the right places, you won’t worry about your arrows betraying you during combat. Happy Gaming!
- Tears of the Kingdom: How to Get Paraglider
- Tears of the Kingdom: How to Fuse?
- Tears of the Kingdom: How to Shield Surf
Good job! Please give your positive feedback 😏
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 💡