Maintaining your body temperature is an essential part of Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. If taken lightly, the harsh winter will kill you before you realize it. In addition, Tears of the Kingdom introduces players to a cold terrain quite early on while players are still familiarizing themselves with game mechanics in Great Sky Island. Therefore, it can be quite difficult to understand how to stop damage taken from the cold. Continue reading to find out the location of warm clothes in Tears of the Kingdom, along with other ways of resisting cold while exploring snowy lands and mountains.
- Players will run across multiple snowy/cold terrains in Tears of the Kingdom, one of them being on Great Sky Island.
- Extreme cold weather can inflict damage on a player, eventually leading them to death if not taken care of it.
- There are two ways of resisting cold, one by wearing warm clothes in Tears of the Kingdom, and the other by eating certain dishes.
- You can obtain your first set of warm clothes on Great Sky Island, on a raised platform right of Gutanbac Shrine.
- The second warm clothes set is available for purchase in Brazen Beak in Rito Village.
- There is also a Vah Medoh Divine Helm and a Ruby Circlet that players can obtain later on in their playthrough for extra protection against the cold.
- Players can also consume spicy labeled dishes. These will provide temporary cold resistance from harsh environments.
- These spicy dishes are mostly made of Spicy Peppers (except Spicy Elixir), and they include Spicy Sauteed Peppers, Spicy Pepper Steak, Spicy Omelet, and Spicy Simmered Food.
- You can craft a Spicy Elixir by combining 1x Summerwing Butterfly OR Warm Darner + Any Monster Part in a cooking pot.
Where To Find Warm Clothes
There are two ways players can keep their body temperature warm while exploring a snowy or cold area. You can either wear a cold resistance outfit or eat certain food to keep the body temperature in check. Here is how to collect wearable items in Tears of the Kingdom:
Obtain From A Treasure Chest
The first location of warm clothes is nearby Gutanbac Shrine on Great Sky Island which players visit before the Hyrule Kingdom. Here you will complete some challenges associated with Shrines. The last shrine players face is the Gutanbac Shrine. This time, the shrine gifts Link a new ability called Ascend. Follow these steps in order to obtain your new cozy attire:
- After obtaining your newfound ability, head out of the Gutanbac Shrine and turn right.
- You will notice a huge tree trunk with an opening right above a raised platform.
- Choose Ascend and pass through the ceiling above, landing right outside the tree trunk.
- Enter the tree trunk, and the chest is hiding in a corner on the right.
- Open the chest, and you will obtain “Archaic Warm Greaves,” marked with “cold resistance.”
Now wear the newly achieved outfit and save yourself from the cold terrain you’re currently in.
- Note: Completing Gutanbac Shrine is necessary as you must unlock the Ascend ability in order to reach a chest containing Warm Clothes.
Purchase From Brazen Beak
The second winter clothing is available for purchase from a store in exchange for Rupees – the in-game currency. The store is Brazen Beak, and it resides in Rito Village. The village itself is located in Lake Totori of Tabantha Frontier. One of the merchant stores here is Brazen Beak. The store has an entire set of winter outfits by the name of “Snowquill.” Make sure you obtain all three pieces of the Snowquill set. They are:
- In-game Description: Lined with molted Rito feathers, this tunic was made by Rito artisans for Hylians visiting cold climates. The feathers are stacked in each layer to retain body heat.
- Price: 500 Rupees
A Snowquill Headdress
- In-game Description: A Rito accessory made from snowbird feathers. It’s adorned with a ruby, a gem that harnesses the power of fire to make cold climates more tolerable.
- Price: 650 Rupees
- In-game Description: The Rito sells these trousers to Hylians in Rito Village. The inside is lined with Rito feathers, so they excel at retaining the body head.
- Price: 1000 Rupees
Other Cold Resistant Attires
If you are seeking more warm clothes in Tears of the Kingdom, here are two more available options. Though these two options are not early-game friendly, you’ll require a lot of progress beforehand.
Vah Medoh Divine Helm
- In-game Description: A helm worn by a warrior who protected the Rito in a time beyond memory. It’s said to deepen the bond with the Rito when worn by a Hylian.
- Location: Van Medoh Divine Helm is inside a chest. The chest itself is located in North Biron Snowshelf Cave, far Northeast of the map. Simply head north of Rito Village in order to find the cave. The entrance has a huge ball of ice blocking it. Melt it with the help of fire and enter the place.
- In-game Description: A headpiece made by Gerudo craft workers. It is set with a ruby, a gem that harnesses the power of fire to make cold climates more bearable.
- Location: You can purchase Ruby Circlet from the Starlight Memories merchant store located in Gerudo Town. You can find this town existing in the Gerudo Desert far Southeast. Make sure you are carrying 1300 Rupees in order to make the purchase.
Other Ways Of Cold Resistance
Covering yourself with thick layers of cloth may not be enough in certain situations. However, if you carry some spicy consumables, you’ll buy yourself extra cold resistance on your hands, along with a health increase. These consumables will help you keep your health intact in extreme cold. Here are some consumable items for the cold resistance effect.
The Spicy Sauteed Peppers
- In-game Description: Grants low-level low resistance. The spiciness of these sauteed peppers has been broken by the heat for a sweeter taste.
- Recipe: 1-5x Spicy Peppers. Throw them in a cooking pot, and the dish will be ready. You can find these Spicy Pepper bushes in abundance in and around the Pit Cave, located before Gutanbac Shrine.
- Cold Resistance Duration: Depends on the number of Spicy Peppers you use. One spicy Pepper provides 2 minutes 30 seconds resistance. If you add up to 5 Spicy Peppers at a time, the cold resistance effect goes up to 12 minutes 30 seconds.
- In-game Description: Grants a low-level warming effect, increasing your resistance to cold environments. Very useful when exploring snow-covered mountains.
- Recipe: 1x Summerwing Butterfly OR Warm Darner + Any Monster Part. You can also obtain it from chests.
- Cold Resistance Duration: The effect duration depends on the combination. However, you can obtain up to 30 minutes of low-level cold resistance effect.
A Spicy Pepper Steak
- In-game Description: Grants low-level cold resistance. The meat has been cooked in crushed peppers to accent its natural taste.
- Recipe: Spicy Peppers + Raw Meat. The more Spicy Pepper you add, the higher the cold resistance you’ll receive.
Spicy Veggie Rice Balls
- In-game Description: Grants low-level cold resistance. This home-style dish of Kakariko Village is stuffed with the bounty of the mountains.
- Recipe: Hylian Rice + Hyrule Herb or Vegetable
A Spicy Omelet
- In-game Description: Grants low-level cold resistance. This simple dish is common all over Hyrule. Simply fry the egg until it’s nice and plum.
- Recipe: Spicy Peppers + Egg
The Spicy Simmered Food
- In-game Description: Grants low-level cold resistance. This sweet dish is made by heaping tasty fruits into a pan and simmering until tender.
- Recipe: Any fruit + Spicy Peppers
Spicy Mushroom Rice Balls
- In-game Description: Grabts low-level cold resistance. The aroma of the mushrooms tickles your nose as you peel back the leafy wrapping.
- Recipe: Sunshroom + Hylian Rice
The weather and temperature play a major role in Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. It can negatively affect Link’s health, and without precautions, players might run into their inevitable death. Worry not; we have mentioned all available options to save you just from that.
Follow our guide and obtain all available warm clothes and some cold resistance dishes to help yourself in the harsh winters of Tears of the Kingdom.
- Tears of the Kingdom Cooking [Best Recipes & List]
- Tears of the Kingdom Best Arrow Farm
- Tears of the Kingdom All Stable Locations
Good job! Please give your positive feedback 😏
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 💡