The Legend of Zelda: Tears of The Kingdom introduced a few new things to the gameplay, allowing players to get creative, and the favourite one is the ability to fuse things together. It gives the items various types of advantages over their previous state. In this article, we will discuss different types of fusions you can do in the new Zelda.
- The “Fuse” ability allows you to combine items or other weapons with a weapon, increasing its stats in The Legend of Zelda Tears of The Kingdom.
- You can activate it by pressing the trigger key “L.”
- It can be divided into three main categories based on the primary objects you can fuse together with other materials.
- It practically works on any primary item with other ones like food, boulder, gems, Zonai items, and much more.
- You can use it to buff up weapons or shields, granting them new prowess to overpower enemies.
- You can also use it to create tools like hammers.
- This power can be unlocked once you complete the “In – Isa Shrine” quest on Great Sky Island.
What Is Fusing?
Fuse comes as a new technique in the Zelda franchise, using which players can combine almost anything in the game, ranging from materials, food items, weapons, shields, bows, and other environmental things like stone boulders. Using that, you can make powerful or useful items that help do specific tasks, like destroying stone walls. The same thing also applies to weapons, which give them certain buffs depending on the substance.
How To Get Fuse Ability?
This ability is unlocked once you enter the “In – Isa Shrine,” you must use it to complete the shrine’s quest. You will get a brief tutorial on how to apply it in various circumstances. The first task will be to create a hammer using a stick and boulder to break the stone wall. The next one will be to fight an enemy using an enhanced weapon.
You will have many options to enhance your weapon, such as using the stone boulder hammer or making a spiked long stick. Another interesting thing is the fire arrows, made from fire fruit. Use it to burn the small wooden shelf and drop the bonus chest.
How To Fuse Items & Weapons?
Once you exit the shrine, you can equip it by holding the “L” trigger key on your switch. It will open the abilities section, and then you can select it by moving your “Right Stick.”
- Activate the ability by pressing the same trigger button, “L”, and you will see options to combine different stuff.
- Press the “Y” button to fuse the weapon with the item on the ground.
- Press the trigger “ZL” to fuse the shield with the item on the ground.
- Hold the “ZR” trigger for the arrows and press the “D-Pad UP” key to open the items menu and select the desired item for fusion.
Players can become pretty creative with this power in hand. Moreover, this thing applies to almost any material present in the game. However, three major categories allow the Fusion ability to work on. It would be best not to confuse this ability with “Ultrahand,” which works on objects lying around because it is completely different with separate mechanics and applications.
Weapons / Tools
One of the primary ways you will use fusion is to enhance some already existing weapons. You can also create a new weapon/tool from raw materials. These weapons get special powers like fire, freezing, improved damage, durability, and increased attack power.
The type of enhancement depends on the items used for fusion. For example, fusion with white Chuchu jelly gives frozen, red gives fire, and yellow gives electricity perk to your swords. The durability might not be increased in every case, but there is always some trade-off.
For tools, the basic ones are hammers and axes. Making both is similar, except the raw materials are slightly different. Combining any weapon with Rock makes a hammer, while the same recipe with a Stone makes an axe.
A few useful and common Weapon Fusions are:
|Rock Hammer||Weapon + Rock|
|Stone Axe||Weapon + Stone|
|Extended Spear||Weapon + Spear|
|Wooden Club||Wooden Stick + Log|
|Elemental Weapon (element’s perks)||Weapon + Element (e.g. Gems, Chuchu Jelly)|
Similarly, you can fuse shields with other things in The Legend of Zelda Tears of The Kingdom to increase their durability or even give them unique perks. For example, combining any weapon with the shield provides defence and offence. Another important combination is to attach various elements to the shield, which implants the element’s innate characteristics.
Some useful shield fusions are:
|Durable Shield||Shield + Shield|
|Smoke Bomb Shield||Shield + Puffshroom|
|Ruby Shield||Shield + Ruby|
|Minecart Shield||Shield + Minecart|
|Rocket Shield||Shield + Zonai Rocket|
The final thing you can fuse is the arrows. You will get common arrows from almost lying in many places on the map. However, it would be best if you granted them elemental effects using fusion to make them special.
This is one of the most useful fusions in the game, but it doesn’t last for long. One fusion is applied on the single arrow, so you must redo it again for your next shot. Enhanced arrows have characteristics like fire, blast, target pursuit, better flight, and more.
Following are some useful arrow combinations:
|Homing Arrow||Arrow + Keese Eyeball|
|Fire Arrow||Arrow + Red Chuchu Jelly|
|Freeze Arrow||Arrow + White Chuchu Jelly|
|Sniper Arrow (Long range and Fast)||Arrow + Wing|
|Fire Arrow||Arrow + Fire Fruit|
Zonai Fusions are one of the most interesting ones in the game. With exceptional abilities, each Zonai device has immense applications, including fusion with weapons or shields. Combining a Zonai device with an item gives it unique perks that are sometimes overkill.
For example, you make a flamethrower spear by fusing a long stick with a fire emitter. Another exciting creation is a shield that blows away enemies. Combine a fan with a shield and hold the trigger button “ZL” to start the fan.
Some amazing Zonai fusions are:
|Rocket Shield||Rocket + Shield|
|Flame Emitter Shield||Fire Emitter + Shield|
|Cannon Shield||Cannon + Shield|
How To Unfuse?
There are two main ways to un-fuse an item:
- You can un-fuse an item from the menu. Just select the item, press “A” to see options and choose “Destroy Fused Material.” However, this method has a penalty that the weapon will be sustained, but the other material will be destroyed in the process.
- The other way to un-fuse, by keeping both items, is to go to Pelison in Tarrey Town. He will do the work for you for 20 rupees.
Tips For Fusing Materials
Follow these tips to make the best out of the Fuse technique in The Legend of Zelda Tears of The Kingdom:
- Reversing a fusion is not the best option because it may destroy one of the valuable materials.
- Check the expected damage boost before fusing a weapon by selecting and observing the item’s details in the menu.
- All materials have a small guide that describes what type of fusion will be best for them.
- Zonai Fusions cost Zonai charge, so you must be cautious about using them, or you might run out of it.
- Some fusions are more beneficial than others, so check out the stats before doing it.
- A few others a not much advantageous, so you must avoid them. For example, a fire emitter on a boomerang will spread fire near you, damaging yourself.
In this article, we discussed the detail of the ability to Fuse materials in The Legend of Zelda Tears of The Kingdom and the best tips to fuse things. This technique changed Zelda’s whole gameplay and made it even more interesting and creative for players. You can try several combinations to get the best one for yourself.
Do check out our other articles on Zelda Tears of The Kingdom:
Good job! Please give your positive feedback 😏
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 💡